MUMBAI READER 2009
Mumbai Reader’09 is available for reference and purchase at UDRI Resource Centre.
The difficulty in representing Mumbai now is that there is always
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- India’s New Urban Policy and Contemporary Urban Planning: Socio-Spatial Injustices in Mumbai’s Redevelopment
- Issues, Challenges and the Changing Sites of Governance: Self Organising Networks in Mumbai.
- Dynamic Municipal Commissioner Unleashes Senior Citizens Civic Movement
- Planning for Mumbai: The Neighbourhood way Case Study -‐ ‘Vision Juhu’
- Politics of Urban Space in Mumbai: ‘Citizens’ Versus The Urban Working Poor
- Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link.
- No Vacancy
- Dharavi: Adjusting to the Urban Poor.
- Learning From Dharavi
- Mumbai’s Biggest ‘Slum’ Deserves Its Own Award: Protection as a UN World Heritage Site
- Development Control Regulations No.33.
- Building Boomers and Fragmentation of Space in Mumbai
- Urban Renewal and Its Implications to Resettlement & Rehabilitation (R&R)
- From The Margins: The Experiences of Low Income Communities In Mumbai vis-à-vis Changing patterns of Basic Service Delivery.
- Access to Civic Amenities in Slums of Mumbai
- Urban Design Research Institute
- Security Provision in Slum Re‐Settlement Schemes in Mumbai – A Case Study of the Lallubhai Compound Settlement, Mankhurd
- Walkability in Mumbai
- A Study of Trust Buildings.
- Spectacular Transports in London.
- Anger management.
- Ornament and Crime.
- Metro under execution.
- Monorail/ Wadala Truck Depot/ Mumbai Urban Transport Project.
- Traffic Congestion in Mumbai: Will public authorities take the opportunity to leapfrog?
- Folly on private wheels + Invisible environmentalists
- Letter to CM Ashok Chavan in regards to stay on Caretaker Policy.
- The Many Crosses of the Cross Maidan Garden.
- Entry Restricted: Open Public Spaces in Mumbai
- Letter to the Chairman, Mumbai Heritage Conservation Committee.
- Life in a Bubble
- Skyscrapers in Mumbai: High-rise fantasies.
- Million Dollar Apartments, But No Place To Call Home (Housing in the City of Extremes)
- Uncovering Portuguese histories within Mumbai’s Urban History.
- The Death of Mumbai University+ whose Mumbai, Meri Jaan?
- Bombay, or What’s Left of it.
- Planning Fable/ Evolution of Currency in Mumbai/ Three Short Stories.
- Slum as Theory