URBAN DESIGN RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Mumbai, India
The URBAN DESIGN RESEARCH INSTITUTE is a forum that supports interaction among architects, urban designers and professionals from such related fields as urban economics, sociology, planning, conservation and history.
As a public charitable trust established in 1984, UDRI aims to enrich the understanding of the urban environment and works towards its improvement.
UDRI's objectives have been:
- to generate awareness, on various issues concerning the city such as urban transportation, housing, infrastructure, governance, environmental issues, urban conservation among multiple stakeholders citizens, researchers, the media, policy makers and implementation agencies.
- to give content to public discussion on major issues concerning the urban fabric of Mumbai and to expose urban design and planning to other mediums.
- to raise the standard of architectural dialogue, enhance the role of designers and planners.
- to constantly develop effective tools for advocacy and in organising urban communities.
- to develop proposals and make recommendations for these issues at hand and take up these initiatives with the State government and other agencies to ensure fruition of these concerns.
UDRI is a Registered Charitable Trust and donations to it get tax exemption under Section 80 G of the Income Tax Act, 1961. UDRI is also registered under the Section 6 (1) (a) under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act 1976, (Registration No 083781053 Nature: Educational)